This video is a teaser to David Heinemeier Hansson’s book, Remote: Office Not Required.
Even in this short clip, there are some great insights into why anywhere work is a viable option:
- When hiring remotely, candidates are judged on how good they are and not where they are.
- You permit people to work on their terms. Effective collaboration can happen in moderation.
- People are more productive when they are able to work on their own schedule.
- “I don’t have to live in a tech hub to have a good tech job”. Remote work can be an effective recruitment tool.
- “Flexibility to live your life.” People aren’t forced to compress their non-working lives into a short few days at the top and tail of each day.
- “Remote work is a viable option” – The premise of David Heinemeier Hansson’s book.
Anywhere work is happening already. And people like it!